If you are interested in working together for counseling, please email Ellice for a free phone consultation.
Psychotherapy is not only about the psyche (soul); it involves the mind-body-spirit connection. We treat each as an equal partner in your wellness, and work to integrate needs and desires from your whole self. The work of psychotherapy is to transform emotional pain into understanding and wisdom.
Our work in psychotherapy:
- starts where you want it to. While your childhood is relevant, in our sessions (as in the rest of your life), you are the expert in your own needs and goals.
- addresses physical symptoms without drugs. The body retains any emotions we do not process, and much physical healing can be found through emotional and spiritual examination.
- is integrative. In one session, we might practice guided meditation, explore energy healing (like tapping), and brainstorm routines that support your healing.
People seek out psychotherapy for a variety of reasons, ranging from a specific physical or psychic ailment that they want to work on to a general desire for more balance in life. Common reasons people choose counseling include:
- grief and loss
- recovering from trauma, including abuse, assault, and incarceration
- coming out (one’s own, or someone else’s)
- navigating gender transition, including letters
- spiritual questioning or developing
- health concerns, including chronic pain, processing a diagnosis, and addiction
- compassion fatigue, common among caregivers and direct service workers